A Huge Step Back


What ills this country just got sicker...your Supreme Court just unleashed the amount of dough that corporations (or anyone) can donate to a campaign ...I guess they were primarily addressing the presidential race...but, here comes the lobbyists and the pressure offense and defense they impose on all your congressional people...senator, here is $5 million for your campaign if you vote against the health bill...you see, that's significantly more than the $500,000 I offered you last week...and here, I'll see that you get a $10 million personal health care for yourself...be proud, US of A, you just got screwed again...
I'm on the warpath...
How in the hell can NBC give Conan $40 million to get lost?  You have that much to fling around?  How about dropping the cost of commercials and giving the public a break...he wasn't funny and if you don't do the job...fire him!
Is there any way that rational people listen to Rush Limbaugh?  Or Pat Robertson?  My oh my, they must be beauts...
When the unemployment rate is at 10%, and it cost $40 grand to go to a college now, how can the universities give any coach $5 million to head up a program?  Or give any athlete $60 million to PLAY a game for 3 or 4 years...
I went to a movie the other day...paid $10 a pop...and we were the ONLY people in the theater...what's wrong with this picture?
I can't make this stuff up...

Comments

dws said…
You are right on Peter! I have felt for years and stated so, that the single greatest threat to our democracy is campaign financing and spending. Since reps are elected every two years, they have to spend half of the their term raisng $ for the next campaign. You can't get elected without a warchest and Corporations and Lobbyists are glad to pay for a vote. Congress should now wear nascar like uniforms with their sponsers on them. Now thats pretty fucking clever you have to admit. Sorry about the F word but this has me on the warpath too. Yours Truly Kimosabi.

Popular Posts