Over-rated

My year ending blasts to keep all of you (?) in astonishment at why I would possibly write about these highly over-rated people for this past year...only, in my opinion...
#10 Angelina Jolie...not what she seems, not a fan of any of her movies, and she stole BP from Jennifer...and wherever she goes, she gets followed...not me
#9 Justin Timberlake...why oh why is this guy famous? can't sing, can't act, not particularly good looking...mystifies me...what am I missing here?
#8 Taylor Swift...bear with me on this...she is a nice talent and has a good voice and all...but, she is not the best and is not worthy of all the hype that garnered her all those trophies this year...better than Carrie or Faith? I don't think so...
#7 Cougar Town...I know, not a person but...all involved...the writing for this sitcom is horrible and really should be shared with equally bad writing of the "the old adventures of Christine"...blah, blah, blah...
#6 Tracy McGrady...for you NBA buffs...his attitude is that he can do what he used to do...not...over the hill and get over it...Rick needs fresh legs, not his...
#5 Conan O'Brien...just a horrible replacement for Jay Leno...not funny and not a good questioner...OMG, just leaves the door wide open for Letterman to dominate...awful...
#4 BCS...the entire group...runaway yearly disappointment for college football fans...I've gone over and over this...so frustrating...
#3 Sarah Palin...my goodness, the conservative have to find a better rep than her...are you serious?...but she is my political fall guy this time around, and there are a bunch of candidates out there...
#2 Joe Lieberman...I lied, he's worse...for the waffling on the health care bill...and for his changing sides...is he getting the $600,000 for each side of the bill that the lobbyists are dishing out?
#1 Tom Cruise...not a believer in anything he does...do not believe him...oh by the way, this could be any year...

Ok kids, this is my list...who'd I leave out?
Next up, the under-rated...

Comments

dws said…
Very good Peter. I would add in general, the Movie industry and evening television. When is the last time we had really good memorable movies? Television is now performance shows that could be settled in two hours but are drawn out to 10 wks. The science of solving crimes has run its course. Most sit-coms are the same theme with different characters.
Modern family is the only TV show I look forward to

Popular Posts