BSBCS

For four more years, at least, the BCS is the sole decider of who plays in the title game...or, who gets the opportunity to play for the D-1 title...I have to agree with my fellow colleague from the great state of Oregon that the games themselves are the best part of collegiate football...BUT, there should be a form of a playoff to figure the champ...not some ludicrous scheme that favors the rich...that being said, it's Alabama and Texas for this season's no. 1...the big money goes to those who qualify, also, for the BSBCS games...I think you see this frustrates me...
What on earth were the Skins thinking? But, the play of the game, turned out to be in OT...and the refs and the upstairs crew blew the call...did you see it? It's either an incomplete pass or the bloke was down...oh, and the Bolts/Browns game...if I had bet on the Chargers giving 13 1/2 pts. and watched the 4th quarter debacle there I'd have been pissed...but, you know I don't...but just wonder...
Which brings me to 60 minutes last night (don't go there)...the interview with former NBA ref Tim Donaghy about his gambling on the NBA and his own games he called...the mob was involved and gee, you think they may be involved in the NFL, too? Do you believe him? I do...so I won't bet on either of those two...ironically, I do the ponies...I give up...
OK, all you Oregonians...it's raining down here in the sun belt!
Can't hit the links 'til Wednesday...
Don't you dare miss the Carrie Underwood special this eve...

Comments

dws said…
No suprise on the 60min. bias buy NBA refs. The calls and no calls have been obvious for years.
I actually like a few of the bowls this year. Cincy and Fla could be good if FLA still cares. TCU and Boise should be great. Hope the Beavs kick the crap out of the Mormons. Arizona and Nebraska might say something about Texas.
Crazy Horse said…
I am not happy that the non-bs conferences teams play each other. OSU/BYU a good one...Dux/Buckeyes another...Cincy beats Fla...I've watched TCU 3 times and they are very, very, good.

Popular Posts