Diplomacy


Former President Bill Clinton pulled off a marvelous maneuver with the North Koreans as he helped free the 2 journalists held there...it is just awesome that in this day in age where finality is usually a high disregard for life... that there is still diplomacy available as an option...the man can talk and he is still an asset for this country...
Not to be lost in the Clinton story is another important, yet still very interesting, piece about American Idol...long time judge, Paula Abdul, is not returning...it appeared to be a posturing move by her originally, but the people at Fox had other ideas...I don't know if that means that AI is going back to a 3 person panel or somebody else is in the wings...
By the way, I watched Kelly Clarkson on Good Morning America last week...she can sing, but...she does need to lose a few lbs...she doesn't look real healthy...that's not bad to say, is it? I am a huge fan...
For you country song purists...and I'm not sure I have any of my readers who are...but...the purists are up in arms about the direction "country songs" are going...Tim McGraw has taken a hit by them, as he has been accused of not being able to sing a lick of real country...if you look at Rascal Flatts, Kenny Chesney, Carrie, Martina, Jennifer Nettles, Taylor Swift...country has evolved into a very popular form of music...it's what the people want and WILL BUY!
So next month we have 2 concerts on the calendar...the Beach Boys and Crosby, Stills, and Nash...each at Humphrey's...
I almost cut my hair...

Comments

Popular Posts