Hitless Wonders

The mighty Padres have stumbled to an all time low yesterday in their hit less game to one former Salem Volcano, Jonothan Sanchez and the SF Giants. Congrats to him and them, but OMG to the SD group who were no-hit thru 7 the day before...this is a grand time to clear the cupboard and get rid of the under-performing likes of this management...go ahead, make my day!
As I have been writing all along this year, the LPGA is a mess. Their commissioner has let too many tourneys cancel and trying to find replacements have not been done. The players have revolted and she will resign this next week. They are in a Major week and it's not a good topic the press says, but in reality it is...Oh by the way, Cristie Kerr and my fav Paula Creamer are leading after 2 rounds...
Less than 2 weeks away from DelMar opening day...$$$
The Joan Baez concert was a big disappointment...she actually sang from a printed sheet on two songs...totally unacceptable...and we left after an hour and 15 minutes of it...
One of my inherited loves of my life is going to the beach. I only wish my parents had the opportunity to go to the ones around here, rather than the Orygun coast...I'll make a case for Coronado either today or tomorrow...
And the quote of the day...by the new Padres CEO, Tom Garfinkel, "We need to give fans more value."...
good luck...

Comments

dws said…
Jesus Peter, and I say that religiously, why would you go see Joan Baez? An ugly folk singer form the hippie era. Look up a kid named John Mclaughlin. I like his music.
Crazy Horse said…
She carried on no dialog, no recognizable songs, boring...she got into Iran for a bit...the setting was awesome, but the show...sucked! By the way, the Doo-wop group has asked me to call them...

Popular Posts