Minor Change


The Padres have lost the last 3 series and need a minor alteration in their lineup...they really can't do much to their pitching staff...but the hitters...Bud Black pulled Giles yesterday as he flounders trying to find his stroke...I say he needs to stay with him as he will hit...now, Kevin Kouzmanoff is another story...he is said to be a slow starter, well, even when he is "right" he's not a major force...he can't hit with runners on the bases...it's time to move Chase Headley to 3rd base, insert Scott Hairston to LF...just a minor change to make us more consistent...
It sure seems like the NBA playoffs have turned more dirty and aggressive since the announcers have been saying the players have been too soft on layups...they need more hard fouls is what they are saying...this hockey type of play is NOT what is needed...wait until somebody gets really hurt due to it...
There is a commentary today in the Tribune by Tim Sullivan actually endorsing the move of high school player to European Pro Ball...OMG, what on earth is wrong with this guy...there are youngins that can make a move like this, but it is the exception rather than the rule...I think this is very disturbing by a writer...
I have General Quarters in the Derby...

Comments

dws said…
Tim Sullivan is an idiot. I don't care about the Padres or the Derby but I have grown to appreciate Bourbon. Yesterday you asked what people's favorite Italian song was. God there are so many to choose from... ah ,,,, ah....
mama mia papa pia all over the wall. Is Man your battle stations running this year?
dws said…
Well I forgot some things. Interesting AI last nite. They voted off the right guy. Adam, bottom three, come on. I think they do that just to get more people to vote. Without looking on the net, who was the lead for Harold Melvin and the Bluenotes?
It was my sister's birthday yesterday and she had to Facebook me to remind me. I'm and asshole.
Crazy Horse said…
Who's buried in Grant's tomb. The original lead was Harold Melvin, then was replaced by others...I'm not sure who...you ask as if he's famous.
Nice call on the birthday...

Popular Posts