Prez Day


As I look back on how the Presidents affected me in my life I've decided to go through them as I have lived my life. Do not get mad at me for this...this is how I felt they shaped my mind towards them...
Harry Truman: Really a stretch here as I was an infant...but he dropped the bombs on Japan and stopped the 2nd world war...before me but led us into the cold war, but the world feared us for the bombs.
Ike: I felt safe. Technology was a far cry from where we are now and it seemed like we were in a time warp, that I still miss.
JFK: The best orator of all time as a Prez. His good looks and mild manner was such a jump for us worldwide. His day of death was and is the most defining real moment in my history. Can remember where I was and what I was doing...I bet you can, too. It was the point in time for news on the TV. As far as REAL diplomacy...we were in a mess with Russia, Cuba, and Vietnam...and don't know what he would have done.
LBJ: The worst. He was a bully and used it wherever he was. He escalated the Vietnam farce and cost the US so many lives he will always be a demon in my mind. However, he did pass the civil rights law, and I figure it was for HIS betterment somehow. My favorite time was when he announced he would not run for office again.
Nixon: A bumbling buffoon. He abused his power at all costs. He did get us out of Vietnam...He was so naive he thought he could send henchmen out and bug his democratic counterparts...Watergate! Impeached and run from office ...shamed by the world.
Ford: Bailed us out of an awful situation. Could not possibly get elected due to it...see McCain...
Jimmy Carter: Actually met him and he sweet talked Marsha...got her vote! A calming force and his handling of the Iranian situation was impressive. I felt a lot like Ike with him...
George Bush: Read my lips...he was the overseer of the first Iraq battle. He stopped at the border and I felt it was not enough at the time. I can't believe I can't remember more...
Clinton: Slick Willy...felt he was awesome...he attacked when needed and was diplomatic the rest of the time. He had the gift of gab that the US and world needed...as far as our rep was concerned. Then Monica hit...he should have said I did it and moved on...actually I could have cared less, but not the Republicans and the press...he weathered it though.
W: In a more diverse world than ever before he got stuck in an attack on the US. He reacted like we all wanted and was aggressive. But he was stuck with a vicious support group and probably got us in a position that we shouldn't be in. Note: I am wavering on this. He was not the orator we needed and hurt us worldwide...By the way, Bin Laden has to be dead...I give W credit for it as the mountains the tall guy was hiding was blown to bits...
Obama: Way too early to tell, but he has all the elements of a great one. The 1st Democrat I have supported...
There you go. My simple life through the presidents. Hope I didn't miss any. If I did they made no impact on me.
Speaking of no impact, the NBA all star game was awful. It seemed like the Magic's Howard was a Washington National...
Am I in Orygun?

Comments

Popular Posts