Santa Baby



'Santa Baby, just slip a Sable under the tree for me'
.
..well, that's not acceptable anymore, is it?...guess that may be of fur of some sort...mink?...oh my...the song 'Santa Baby'...was released in 1953, by the one and only Eartha Kitt...egads, Madonna put out a cover, that really was awful...others, too, but they all failed in comparison to the original...ah, even Michael Buble did it...but, inserted a Rolex for the Sable...from Tijuana?...got two of them...

Christmas Eve...so many things roam thru my head about past ones in me life...the inability to sleep at night...the anticipation...always a big deal in my family...when I was young...tried to do the same with ours...occasionally, we did go to a religious service...not often, mind you...but did go...Episcopalians...is that a word?...something like that...my mom was and I think her dad was, too....a preacher...my dad?...not so much...

I can recall always wanting it to snow...I just love snowfall...it is one of nature's most beautiful things...my mind wanders back...

There is something about a bowl game that has a service academy in it...I pull for them...this time, the Air Force...and the players are different...and so are their rules...they have 4 years to play...that's it...no transfer portal players...just cadets...it's a commitment and that's the way it is...the coaches, many have been there for over a decade...refreshing angle, now that all the others...players and coaches, move on a whim...wherever there is more $ offered...Air Force 31, James Madison 21...in the Armed Forces Bowl...James Madison was 11-1 in the east...and the head coach left, with 7 of his assistants...did not coach in this bowl game...Air Force coach, Troy Calhoun, has been at the AF for 17 years...

What a turnaround for the Chargers....after losing by over 40 points to the Raiders...and then firing their HC, they narrowly got beat, via a FG in the last minute to a much better team, da Bills...who'd a thunk?...

NBA...the Pistons lost their 26th straight...the watch is on...and GS beat PDX in a laugher...

OK, the pork chop...we conquered 'em...best we ever have had...no kidding...not sure if it was the chop, from Costco...or the brining that Boss did...or, the way we cooked them....could have been the seasoning...fried them in an iron skillet...buttered them at the end...and man, the best, Jerry, the best...

Your guy trump is back in court...again...fed court...pleading for immunity cuz he once squatted in the White House...thing is, I don't totally trust any of the judge's decisions, anymore...so...you never know...

'Baby, It's Cold Outside'...yea, man, this is the grooviest duet Xmas song...there have been so many really great renditions...Kelly Clarkson and Ronnie Dunn...She & Him...Brett Eldridge and Meghan Trainor...James Taylor and Natalie Cole...and of course, Dean Martin and the Andrew Sisters?...there are others...but, my fav?...Lady A...


Comments

Popular Posts