The Sultans of Swing



Wouldn't you just know that the Horse would start your weekend with a cadiddlehopper of a phrase
...ah, I think there is no such word...but, well, so be it...it is now in the Horse dictionary...right along with covfefe...donny turned me on to that one...the Sultans of Swing...a song by Dire Straits...in itself a group looking for a path...ha ha...the 'sultan' has many meanings...I think in this case, it means 'king'...but, it is a rock band, so who really knows?...

Pardon moi, but the topic of conversation around these parts is the Padres...and how underachieving they are right now...the worst, and I mean the very WORST...is the new closer that was bartered for...Hader...the long haired hippie dude...he did it again last eve...brought in the 9th, the game tied at 3...faces 3 batters, the minimum for any reliever...walks one, then fields a dribbler to his right, and throws the rock into right field...run one...then the next sultan of swing, homers...down 6-3...and game over...booed off of stage, and the next reliever, got 3 straight outs...good bye, bloke...

Try as he may, the Senator from South Carolina, the dishonorable Lindsey Graham...will indeed have to show up in court in Georgia...so, if he pleads the 5th in all queries...does that mean he is telling us all that he is guilty as ______!...I think the best lines are, like in the Watergate thing of the 70's...'to the best of my recollection'...

A blast from the past...but, do you still use a pencil?...the number 2 kind, that was a must have in school...the Horse always fancied himself with a mechanical one...and spent forever trying to keep the lead in it...and fuggit about the erasers...who didn't like a sharp pencil?...I have one at my desk, and I don't know why...but, I do...it is a Paper Mate wood one...haven't used it...but, dang it looks purty in the what not cup...

Man, lost half my blog due to faulty computer...so, I'll see if I can recall what I wrote...

Ben and JLo are getting married again...for the masses this time...me thinks that this might be a trend...going to go throughout the country, getting married...the sultans of matrimony...

We are getting asked often, if we are going or staying...you know at the home, word travels fast...but I saw this out of Maryland and it sent up red flags...well, flags of different colors...this couple, black professors, were putting their house up for sale...their hood was upper middle, and predominantly white...got an appraisal for an amount that they felt was too low for where they live...then, decided to go another direction...they 'white washed' their house...took down all black people pix, and what might be construed as black art...and got a 2nd appraisal...it was $300,000 more...ahem, we are in a mess, kids...what say you?...

Playing to likes of some 30 straight sell out crowds at Petco Park, the Padres are being mediocre at best...this after trading for some 'quality' players...who are not living up to expectations...especially at closer...now, for the 1st time this season...there are BOOOOOOS echoing throughout the ball yard...they are too good, to be like this...c'mon guys...I mean the players...except at closer, he is not...

2 blokes from the LIV Tour, the Norman Tour, ah, the Sultans Tour, are trying to have their pie and eat the ____, whatever that phrase is....Lefty and DeChamboo, are taking it to the courts, to get to play in some PGA Tour events...ha ha...the case won't be addressed until 2024...go count your cash, dudes...you are banned....

Sure seems like I missed a few others...blame it on the computer, and NOT on me brain...got it...

Where is Tom Brady?...you FF dudes do you take or leave him?


Comments

Popular Posts