The Tree

Not sure why so much...but the 'putting up the tree' has to be one of my favorite things...EVERY YEAR!...gone are the days, of a real one...even, a live one...which we have done in the past...but now...it's the artificial TREE...and, I must admit, I lurve it just the same...albeit, the star on top has Biblical meanings...in a time where religion has taken a hit...think what you may...there is significant thoughts that the Horse still has in his system, that will never go away...

We do the double lighting thinger...a newish item we saw on 'Shark Tank'...really...adds so much color to the TREE...our great room is accented with purple, as you know...thus, we have a combo of silver, green, and purple ornaments...and of course, the special ones...this year, I have a 'Tennessee Titan' one...

Kind of humorous...as I was turning off the lights last eve...I brushed against one of them balls...CRASH down it went...out comes the little woman to wonder what I had done...scorn me...like I was a little boy...and right behind her, was Sammi...also...giving me the stink eye...I'll get even with her...no cookie this am...

Throughout the condo, Marsh decorates with her collection of Santas...we add one every year....to it...this one represents Nashville...well, you have to use your imagination...it is a cowpoke...yup, it took the entire day to put everything up...and just in the right place...it's all done...and we are happy...

I hope you like the addition to my look of my Blog...the falling snow...took me like an hour or two to add it...after I did so, I remembered the trick...and it takes like 5 minutes max...I wrote it down...so next year...well, as long as I can place it where I can get back at it...didn't I do that last year?...getting on in age, can be a very dubious thing...ha ha...

Trees...I'm not the only one that likes these...think about the ones at Rockefeller Center in NYC...or the White House...the one across the road at the Marriott...hey, I'll bet wherever you live, there is one in your downtown area...that sets off a special time of 'lighting it'...yup, throughout the nation...it's a good thing...

Other...

Rivalry games in D-1 football...they are special...no better than the 'Civil War'...Oregon vs Oregon St...throw out the records...it is for pride of the state...fun for the players, coaches, fans...or...Ohio St vs Michigan...same...except, the Wolverines are woeful on O...'Bama and Auburn...where some 'experts' actually pick against the Tide...

SDSU won it's last game of the season...handily...as the nationally overlooked RB of the year, Rashaad Penny, ran for over 200 yards...again...leads all players...well...look out any team that has to play them in whatever bowl they are in...

BREAKING!...my greatest fear, is that Chip Kelly will sign on at UCLA...yup, it's a done deal...

There is a sea gull that perches itself right outside our deck on a pole...each and every single day...ganders at the world below...from it's spot...I have named it 'RW'...er, 'Rdub"...for a special nickname...that only makes some sense to those who live here at the home...

Golden St won at home...this is no big deal...but...they did so without KD...and Draymond...and scored like 140 or so...Steph and Klay were out of this world shooting...the Washington Nationals, er,  da Bulls were a total embarrassment...BTW, the former Duck, Jordan Bell, started for GS and showed why he is in the league...some highlight reel checks...reel?...alas, no more...DVR'ed...

How about this grouping yesterday on the golf course...Dustin Johnson (DJ), Tiger Woods, and the President...T said it had to be a quick round, as he had things to do...must be the reason for not having a foursome...

It's the closing day out a Del Mar...and HDCP Andy and I are gonna be a part of it...I think we are heading over to the off track and make our riches...'and away they go'...

OK, I got the Ducks by 28...what?...I said that you could throw out the records?...well, not this time...the Beavs are a mess...




Comments

Popular Posts