A Rising Star

Just when you and I were thinking that the NBA was full of them established veterans...you know 'em...King James, KD, Melo, THE Westbrook, Steph, Dwayne and the list goes on...where are the youngins?...each and every year, the 'draft' brings them into the league...but, it's been awhile since we have had...A RISING STAR!...

He's here...make no bones about it...Joel Embiid...born in Cameroon...played his one collegiate year...yup, that's what the do now, to get to the league...at Kansas...and I have to admit...this...I don't remember him...what?...do you?...

He went to the Philadelphia 76ers...the worst was hell bent on getting better...who also got a gem a year later in the Ben Simmons kid...injuries took the toll on the guys...and now...they are well, and playing together...and listen to moi, kids...they are real...REAL!...

Showed their promise last eve against the upstart Lake Show...who have a couple of young guns, too...the lad from Duke (they produce a whole gaggle of possibles), Brandon Ingram...and the surprise dude from Utah, Kyle Kuzma...

Embiid dominated like with stats that were legendary...well, sort of...46 points, 15 rebounds, 7 assists, and get this, 7 blocks!...he can shoot out and in...and couple that with the true young gun at PG, Ben Simmons...had these stats...18 points, 10 assists, and 9 rebounds...in a win...that was closer than it should have been...lost and out of his league, was the overblown Ball kid...who missed all of his outside attempts....some embarrassing off the mark...and didn't even see the floor in the 4th stanza...

Yup, the real and the impersonator...keep an eye on the 76ers...

Other...

The sports writer for the LA Times and often a member of the ESPN 'Around The Horn' crew, Bill Plaschke, has been adamant about the 3 Bruin hoopsters caught shoplifting in China...that they should get the harshest of penalties...like getting booted from the team...I dunno...dumb moves by kids...they are lucky that Prez T got them out...and well, I'm thinking half the season...you tell me...

The Horse walked the course yesterday...man, me legs were tired last eve...listen, the grass in the fairways was unbelievably long...and it felt like we were walking in the 2nd level of sand at the beach...pushing that dang cart...still, it was great to be out in the 75* temp...playing golf...

I can't think of one thing that I condone of when it comes to the KFam...not one...but this issue about KK and her surrogacy...how she is affected by it...hmmm, the way I see it, she isn't the one carrying the baby...if you have the $, you can get most anything...right?...

This Hilz thing won't go away...and the info she is throwing back at the AG...is troublesome...is it just me, or does she have some venom in her system?...before you go and throw shade at me, I voted for her...reluctantly, albeit...I wanted Bernie...

I still see the D-1 football like this...which I have been doing so for a few months...it's 'Bama and everyone else...the others keep knocking one another off...but no one can do that to the Crimson Tide...

Staying in the south...read a disturbing piece...about the state of the university...'Ole Miss'...stating that there is an unprecedented return to racial division on campus...I thought we were passed this...maybe not...

Blake Shelton...was named as People Mag's 'Sexiest Man of the Year'...and he laying it on his Voice buddy, Adam...which is funny...I can never figure out these things...who does the selecting?...ha ha...

So...I shaved me beard off...NOT ONE PERSON commented on it...ie, the wife...not one...what does this mean?...leave it off, or regrow it...or, does anyone care?...apparently not...there may be more to this story...or less...ha ha...

I did get a quick look at the iPhone X yesterday...at the GC...my buddy lurves it...and he used the word 'popped' at the quality of the view screen...there is no thumb button...what the heck would I do with my thumb?...

Today...I am going to go down to Barnes & Noble to find me a new book to read...any suggestions?...can be a novel or non-fiction...I am open...

Finally, I have to get out to Del Mar for one more day at them races...today or tomorrow...

                                          'One More Day' by Diamond Rio...

Comments

Popular Posts