Thursday Tidbits

Morning ya'll...somebody readjusted my bedroom clock...and didn't set the time properly...so, I got up when it said...6:04...which was really like 5:00 or something...and it wasn't moi...I have been reading and reading, watching and watching...my ears and eyes are full of...info...

Here's my take on the Celts/Cavs trade...and it is now official...the hold up was that the key part of it for the Cavs, the diminutive PG I Thomas, had hip surgery...is he damaged goods?...the Celts added another draft dude...and there you go...Cleveland lost...Kyrie Irving has the 'it' factor...my best teams had the players doing the system, but, had one guy kind of branching off....just able to go commando...and get away with it...that is what Irving did for the LeBron team...Thomas can't do that...the draft dudes?...hey, James will bolt after this next season...so...it's all about NOW in that game...

Fantasy Football draft...ah yes...was held for us last eve...so fast...minute and a half to pick...I could keep up for a few rounds, then I just winged it...YAHOO is the source...and after you are done...they send out a GRADE of how you did...Bastards!...I think I got 3 of the guys I had on last year's team...picked some favs on the final 4 rounds...TE Gates of the displaced Bolts, and a wide out bloke from the Giants, aptly named Shepard...he just has to be good...oh yea, YAHOO gave me a 'B'...

In the real world, the flooding and chaos that exists in the Houston area...devastating...so many stories to read about...Mother Nature can be brutal...this time for sure...the friends daughter is just fine...which is just wonderful news...I keep telling all that will listen, living on that gulf is treacherous...such warm waters...let's hope they can dry out...and then recover...

We got invited to join a tailgater for the Aztec game this Saturday out at the Q...right, the stadium that wasn't good enough for the newly departed Chargers...assuming that M can clear her day up...you do know, SHE still works...'WORKS?', to borrow Maynard G Krebs infamous line...we'll get out for the event and cheer on SDSU...probably will cancel me golf for that day...

Talking golf...it is such a hard game...especially when it is in the 90's...and little if no wind...but, the Horse did get 2 birdies...hmmm, been awhile for that...I'm having trouble with me irons...swinging too hard?...swinging too easy?...swinging too fast?...swinging too hard from the top?...pulling me left side out?...yanking my head?...too many things to think about...or, as one of my golfing coaches told me...er, advised me...'hey pardner, you just need to smoke a doob before you play'...$35 please...

The Pads won the series with the Giants...who just happen to be right below us in the standings...when did that last happen?...hip hip...the Bums come into town tomorrow...Clayton Kershaw is coming off the DL to face us...boo...hey, my fears have been accurate for LaLa...they benched their youngins for the vets...and promptly, started to lose...listen DODGERS, dance with the players who got you where you are...I'd bet a quid on the Nat's over 'em in the playoffs...

One thing about waking up this early...the sun rising is absolutely beautiful and amazing...we have some light fog, and a few high clouds...way cool...you know, I just lurve the city in the morning...all the hustle and bustle going on beneath me...

I'm a big fan (normally) of the show, Big Brother...but this group of contestants is the worst of all time...one of the guys actually said that he would rape one of the other guy's wife and have his kids watch...really...and...countless times, big time bullying by many...real stuff...not sure how the producers are going to handle it...but, it is bad...real bad...

You a grinder?...one of them celebrity chefs (Robert Irvine) says to get the best flavor out of a black peppercorn, is to grind them in one of them coffee grinders, in lieu of a pepper grinder...really?...it actually warms the pepper up, he says...oh my...that's what I'm gonna do...wonder what Bam would say?...

Believe it or not...your fav pixel host...Jerry Springer...is considering a run for the governor of the entire state of Ohio...

ESPN did a special on the football coach of the Minnesota Gophers...PJ Fleck...riveting...and it appears to moi, that this guy is something special...as a coach...have no idea on his personal life...something seemed a bit awkward there...didn't the Ducks have him in their sights, too?...

A character in the coaching field...college hoops this time...Rollie Massimino of 'Nova, passed yesterday at the age of 82...he was unique...and a fine coach...

Today, HDCP Andy and I...are heading out for the hosses at DelMar...it's closing weekend...haven't seen the program yet...Pick 5?...you betcha...

Count me as the bloke who doesn't like to hear and watch Maria Sharapova play tennis...the grunting is irritating and I just can't do it...imagine playing against her...

Our hit song for the day?...'Blame It On The Bossa Nova' by Eydie Gorme...her real name was Edith Gormezano...so, not so much of a change...she died in '13...and was married to another singer star, Steve Lawrence...who's real name was Sidney Liebowitz...really...



Comments

Popular Posts