Stunning!

It's taken the Oregon Ducks 78 years...let me repeat myself, 78 seasons of play to get back to the Final 4 in hoops...shoot, did they even have such a thing back then?...whatever, an absolute marvelous ride thru the T, they have had...and no bigger upset, was last night's...victory over the highly favored Kansas Jayhawks...STUNNING!...

Kansas was fresh off of a monster game over Purdue...which can give a team too much over-confidence...taking on an Oregon squad that most pundits kind of liked...but would not endorse...some did, one being TBS's Kenny Smith...but most, not...and from the get go, the Ducks were for real...and dominated...especially the big, Jordan Bell...who controlled the inside...

Here is the reason...that none of the experts talked about before, during, or after the game...for the win...Oregon gave Kansas just ONE SHOT!...and gobbled up the miss...led by the aforementioned Bell, and the rest of the crew...their domination was the factor...and, taking the entire shot clock for their possessions in the 2nd half...coupled up with their D...that was the ticket...

I watched the after game talk and all, inside the locker room...shoot, it was like any other in all levels of hoop, except...Phil Knight was there, witnessing, too...ha ha...

I would be amiss, if I didn't keep right on a going with the Oregon Duck's Gals team....as they are in the Lady's version of the Big Dance...and they too, upset a highly favored opponent in Maryland...I watched this one and the Lady Beavs, too...later on in the day...OSU had a lead and could not hang on...the lady's game has improved so much...I can see where the likes of Shink follows it so much...

Anyhoo...the Lady Ducks have another huge mountain to climb...as they next play UConn...who I have touted as in another world....still do...but I must say, the rest of the gals are closing the gap...so much more hoop talent on the way...

Other...

Geez, I hate to say this...but yet another shooting...at a nightclub...in Ohio...too early to say why...and by whom...but there are lots of injuries and at least one death...thus far, no apprehension of the killer...more details to follow...now, it is being rumored that there may have been more than one shooter...

History lesson number 1....on this date in 1953...the cure, er vaccination for the debilitating disease of polio was found...by Jonas Salk...we all took the shots...life saving...

A 20 year old kid, who was one of them 'one and done' dudes out of college...make that Kentucky...scored 70 points in an NBA game the other nite...Devin Booker...listen kids...it's what they do...have to go to college for one season and then bolt...70?...wowser...

History lesson number 2...on this date in 1955...c'mon Horse, you are going to far back...hey wait...hear me out...the song 'Dance With Me Henry (The Wallflower) was released....by Georgia Gibbs...turns out it was a song by Etta James a bit earlier, 'Roll With Me Henry'....but, the radio stations wanted a 'white version' of it...altered the lyrics a bit...and there it was...

So you are still in the Obamacare World...did you just give me a sigh of relief?...or did you frown and feel the frustration?...let's hope those who run it, will tweak it and make it better...who is running it, anyway?...the question of the day...

History lesson number 3...Vladimar Putin was elected into power in Russia...wait, elected or selected?...1999...er, well this is kind of fuzzy...don't quote me...

You know I randomly look at my number of hits for my blog...yesterday I was dumbfounded...like over 2,000!...something must be haywire...if you are reading me...I thank you...but, there is no way...anything more than 100+...right?...drop me a line so I can figure out what is happening...

Anyway, for an absolutely wonderful hoop game...try Kentucky and North Carolina...today...

'Jimmy crack corn, and I don't care'...who wins...


Comments

Popular Posts