INSANE

Heard this word bantered about yesterday...quite often...INSANE!...used to be for the mentally challenged...to put it politically correct...and not as an adjective...regardless, there are things about that are unmistakably beyond comprehension...

Prez O used this as to describe the gun control loophole(s)...hey now, you NRA buffs...calm down...we are talking about the lack of background checks to purchase the assault weapons...that some of you seem to think is right on the way it is...and that my good friends, is INSANE!...how many more mass killings do you need to see the light?...I'm not referring to single shot rifles, or even hand guns...let's get this going...

Zach Greinke...you may not have ever heard of him...MLB pitcher...one of the best...went into the free market...signed with the Arizona Diamondbacks...love that name, by the way...for 6 years for $206 MILLION bucks!...what?...who on earth is worthy of that type of cash?...c'mon...a pitcher lasting 6 years is quite a gamble...obviously, there is too much money in the world of sport...the tix prices are too high...I could go on...

Well, I guess I had only 2 items about that...

Big day for the collegiates in football...conference champ games...and the adjustment of the coveted final 4...especially for the numero uno, Clemson...plays in the fray with North Carolina...forgive me, but I don't see that set of teams as the best in the land...I will buy the MSU/Iowa one though...the Big 14 is loaded...and there is a lot of talk about Stanford...if they beat the upstart Trojans...hmmm...didn't the Ducks beat them...at Palo Alto?...I must remind you...if the UO QB was in all of the games that they lost, we could be talking about a return trip to the playoffs...and...the SEC is still dang good...ugly football, but dang good about it...

I have no idea what the new T for the PGA elite is all about...and where it is for that matter...just seems like the wrong time for golf on the pixels...so says me...even though I play every week, I can't watch it that often...oh yea, the irrepressible one, Jordan Spieth, is atop the leader board...duh...sure seems like he has head on his shoulders squarely...

The NBA dudes play a lot of games...too many...naturally, their bodies need a break now and then...really...however, the undefeated GS Warriors are on a natural high like no other...on a 6 game roadie...that no one...I repeat, NO ONE... said that they would survive without a defeat...maybe more than one...well...two down and 4 to go...they take 'em one at a time...and they are FUN TO WATCH!...in Toronto today...like Canada, you lack of geography foos....this is a very good opponent...a real test...

Big day out at the club...golf, of course...I am taking my newly stiff shafted driver out for a test drive(s)...packing my old Nike putter...listen to that banter about the Mistletoe Ball...the Xmas party for the members, that I am missing tonite...Marsh's one takes precedent...and lordy, the blokes give me grief for my choice...you can imagine...80*, if you are asking...and I'm sure, you are not...

OK, I did watch the UO hoop team last eve...as they got their bell rung by UNLV...I don't get it...every time I watch them, I'm not impressed...and have no clue to what they run...or what they are doing....and my mind hasn't changed...

Survivor...you still gawking at this series?...Joe, got the boot...it was a good segment....kind of...if you like the favorite getting beat...he actually passed out on the task...and then, got the heave ho at the voting meeting...boo...

Gotta run...have a great Saturday...


Comments

Popular Posts