CMA's, Part Deux

The recap of the CMA's...good stuff...in fact, I even passed on the Clips/Warriors game to watch it...hmmm...I often query as to who, what, and why some people win these awards...and get left bewildered...always when it comes to Miranda Lambert...the most over-rated performer of all the women....sorry, bub, but it's true...

I can't figure out why the likes of Sara Evans, Faith Hill, and Martina McBride aren't invited and included in these nominations...these gals can SING...many of the ones honored are not even close in comparison...so says me...well, let's get on with it...

Carrie and Brad did a great job hosting...their monologue was a "B"...they have had better...but they kept the show moving...and were pros...BTW, she is the exception to the above mentioned newbies...she also can sing like the vets...

Chris Stapleton was the surprise...big time...I have never heard of him, or heard him before last night...really?...me, the country bumpkin?...yup...and he was doing a duet with the one and only Justin Timberlake...JT...and it was splendid...and well, WOW!...he can sang...this gig was so much fun...and he won a gaggle of awards...today, yes today, I get a CD by him...

The other big winner was Little Big Town...in case you don't know them...it's a 4 person group...that specializes in harmony...and have had a number of hits...no bigger than their last...for the ultra conservative country poohs, the song "Girl Crush", was a thorn in their side...turns out it was not what they thought...but the Pastors didn't get that deep and condemned it...and then finally backed off...ha ha...Christian values...

Who on earth is the Fall Out Boys?...they were coupled with an unknown (to me) country dude...and it was a fun song...stop it..it was not the dancers they had with them...

Trojans...oops...you know the condom company...oops, turn away if you  are too young or too old...or too conservative to read this...just skip this paragraph...put out a poll, er study about who buys their product...of college campuses..and listed the top 25 for the entire US of A...guess who is number one?...Oregon St...what?...the Beavers are number 1...I can't make this stuff up...calm down Ducks, you were number 6...my former state takes their sex seriously...I guess...

The aforementioned big NBA game...Clips/Warriors...the home team in NoCal won...close one...and I did see parts of it...and the last minute...the amazing Curry be the diff...

We had a sniper in Bankers Hill yesterday...actually shut down the incoming flights...scary stuff...

While that was going on, I was out at Sycuan...and playing the golf game...and our team was on fire...have to admit, me game is on the up...and hit a number of "stiff" irons...it's a great feeling...we ended up at 11 under...we were leading when I left...of course, we were the 1st ones in...ha ha..

George Bush Sr...in his latest book...lambasted Dick Cheney and Donald Rumsfeld...in my mind...I agree with his assessment...bad blokes that had way too much power during W's regime...and the country paid for it...

More from the experts from Russia...I guess from them...they now say it could have been a planted bomb that took down that passenger plane...still can't figure out the concept of killing innocent people...and not attacking another's military...scum of the earth...

I'm ready for a horse racing fix...gonna hit Del Mar this weekend...Friday or Sunday...hit the links on Saturday...

On to iTunes....

Comments

Popular Posts