Feb Flash By

This month always seems to speed by...maybe cuz it has the fewest days in it...it's already the 15th, huh...so I had a whole gaggle of time...so I watched the Pebble Beach thinger...

Turned out I was scratched from the T out at Sycuan...didn't know it until I got all the way out there...some mix up...boo...so hopped back in the rig and headed home...not sure how that happened...but oh well...

There were a bunch of youngins in the Pro Am...many country singer peops...like a guy from Rascal Flatts, and one from Lady A...and Jake Owens...and on and on...as well as Huey Lewis...and of course, Bill Murray...and some sports guys...some SF Giants...and the QB from KC, even Larry the Cable Guy...it was fun to watch those blokes play...for the most part, dang good swings...and the pros...having a field day up there...with the great weather...and little wind...like 18 under, or thereabouts...ancient Jimmy Furyk leading the pack...go figure...

NBA All Star game this eve...I watch...but not all of it...never have...it's rat ball...and whomever gets going wins the MVP...did you see where the Rocket's James Harden says he's the best in the biz now?...what?...hey kid, it takes two ends of the court to be the best...because of the party we were at did not see the slam dunk and 3 point contest...

Duke over Syracuse, the proclaimed self sanctioned team...in NY...lord this was a boring game....much of it was played in a 2-3 zone...and Coach K's zone o is very deliberate...and then I viewed the Beavs get beat by the odious Trojans of USC...even worse hoops...which makes OSU even smellier...I had to turn it to some reruns of the Match Game...which was much better...

Peops are real excited about the "New Pads"...like real...getting over to Phoenix to watch the spring ball...and see what they are going to be...got to admit, I am one of them blokes...

The latest for me?...finding a Vanagon...VW Westfalia...Camper Van...it's in the works...the feelers are out...and hopefully, we can score one before we head back up north in the summer...have to give up my Lexus...dang...if you're interested in it, let me know...it's in perfect condition...and I'm not joking...85,000 real miles ...over 11 years...that's less than 8 thou a year...find a better one, go ahead, try....

We live above a very famous breakfast place here in the GQ...Richard Walker's Pancake House...and this am, it has the smell of fresh donuts...permeating the air...eegads, it is wunnerful...I think there may be a better word of description than permeate...intoxicate would be the one...

The weather here on the west coast compared to that of the east coast is dramatic...as we are bathing in record heat...and they are in bitter cold and snow...amazing...they even canceled today's card out at Aqueduct...unheard of...

My station of choice on XM?...the 50's...man, I just love that era of music...too much great stuff...if you haven't gone there...try it out...you'll thank me later...I swear...

Do we really need boots on the ground in the middle east?...unless the rest of the world chimes in...well, where is the UN?...

Time to read the Trib...you cats, you have a GREAT day...












Comments

Popular Posts