Happy Birthday, USA

In my vast time on this land, I can remember many instances of the celebration of this day...4th of July...almost always having some form of family gathering (not so today), barbecues, and watching fireworks...from driving down to the fairgrounds to see 'em...to drifting on a boat, directly beneath...to the east coast in Cocoa Beach...to lighting sparklers on fire...to see my older bro blow up cow pies with firecrackers...to now, just watch from one of the condos, higher than ours...a couple of years ago, there was a malfunction...and all of them blew up at the same time...incredible boom...ah yes, nothing like the sight of the beautiful works...a sidelight...around here there are fireworks almost nightly...but today, is different...different meaning...

The PGA at Greenbrier...which is in West Virginny....maybe they are going to dodge the hurricane?...wow...never thought that was going to happen...anyway, look at some very famous blokes in the event...ie Sir Nick Faldo, Tom Watson, and the legendary John Daly...of course, they are not winning it, but it's good to see them use their sticks...

The Pads are favored against the visiting Giants...hmmm....what?...we have the hard hit Eric Stults (2-11) going...I know SF has been in a funk, but that's what we are here for...right?...3:40 start...let's hope for a miracle...

Is it just me, or are the NBA teams over valuing the free agent Melo?...I question his attitude and his defensive ability...or want thereof...I'd spend way more for King James...also, much younger...

I'm going to take a day off from mentioning the K fam...oops, dang, couldn't do it...

This is the month of reunions...where you hope you look OK...and the others feel the same way too...time has a way of adjusting the appearances...ha ha...texted my hair girl and told her I wanted the full treatment...is a while blonde on the horizon?...ha ha...meaning my hair...shhh...don't tell anyone...

You read any good books lately?...me neither...

You know my passion for the Beach Boys...and I have downloaded a bloke who does his own version of their songs...he used to play with them....try this out...Adrian Baker...might even be better than...what?...take a listen and make your own judgment...let me know...

OK guys, I have got this new shaver...and after a month, I am sold on it...better than the Norelco...it is the Panasonic Wet/Dry...closer shave than I have had forever...

My fantasy BB team is solidly in 2nd...have the best pitchers in the game...and now...have to have a bit more solid stuff from my hitters...ha ha...parallels the Pads...well, sort of...

You into the Big Brother yet?...mindless fun...if you have any thoughts of critical thinking, you are nuts....just watch and forget your troubles...

Happy 4th!!!


Comments

Marsha said…
You are not going blonde!!!

Popular Posts