All Star Weekend

MLB gives us a respite for the 1st part of the season...at least here in San Diego...as this team has sunk into historic depths in offensive production...makes everyone (who cares) a reason to search the record books to see if this is going to rewrite parts of them...has to be for the month of June, hitting (?) at a pathetic .171 clip...and are about at .213 for the season...

Look at the latest...why not?...have a string of 23 straight scoreless innings...refuse to play small ball...and put out the most feeble of all 2B hitters ever...EVER!...more stat looking if you want...I could go on and on...

On the other hand...the pitching has been FANTASTIC...keeping the team in games that ordinarily are goners...I won't lie to you, it's hard to watch this version...and I, for one, can not sit and do so...I will turn back and forth...occasionally...my golfing buddies?...no way...the adjectives used out at the club for the Padres are an indicator of the growing malady of the fans...

Solution?...they fired the latest GM...and should not stop there...a complete face lift is needed...there needs to be a sweep...trades, drops, and 2 fer one
 deals...get some youth in here...add some excitement...

OK, I used All Star Weekend as my post title...and have talked NOTHING about it...I'm on a rant...the outcome of the game determines the home team advantage for the World Series...what a crock...it's a bloody exhibition game...and many of the possible pitchers can't play in it, cuz there in  the regular team's rotation and have pitched right before the AS game...

Home Run Derby...why no Padre in it?...I think our leading HR guy has been on the DL for 6 weeks...lordy, that may be true...anyway, it's kind of fun...

Other stuff...

Germany won the World Cup...1-nil...just like I predicted...oh my...it's like watching the you know who...except more action, I guess...pour me another brewskie and let's jump and down...

Mo Martin (who?) won the Ladies British Open on a near double eagle on the final hole...I lurved her little dance after hitting it...it's a game, kids...a game...by the way, I have NEVER heard of her before...NEVER!...a USA lassie...

Notice on Facebook that a lot of peops from the Salem, Orygun area are going to a rather benign County Fair this year...due to the fact that there is a resurrection of a fabled hamburger joint...put up a stand in it and the lines are legendary...Bob's...have to admit, I loved the cheeseburgers they made...it's not a burger, it's a Bob's...

The Seniors had a major...since when do they have them?...oh well, the oft hated Colin Montgomery, won...in OT...over a guy that was choking so bad, he reminded me of a 3 footer I usually miss for a couple of bucks...Monty is known for hearing a pin drop from 100 yards away when he is addressing the ball...he's a bird dog...

Big Brother...why they always picking on me?...should be the motto for Donnie...as he is put up on he block yet again...and then gets off it...as the latest phenomena in the game...throwing matches...it's like watching the pro soccer of yesteryear...er, reportedly...allegedly...

You been watching the CNN's The Sixties?...the topic last night was the British Invasion...er, you know, the Beatles...and then, the rest of them...DC 5, Animals, Who, Hermits, Yardbirds, Stones...and on and on...well done...brings me right back...by the way, the producer, Tommy Hanks, talks like he was right there...geez, he was like 8 or 9 years old...

Rumor has it that the one and only John McCain wants to put up a 20 foot wall on the border of Arizona and Mexico...how'd that work for Berlin?...then have moats built...and towers with armed guards every 100 feet...with assault weapons in hand...wait, that's for his own home...I am confused...

Del Mar...kicks off this Thursday...hmmm...Opening Day...always a big thrill...horses, kids...I am going to get there, but it will be a bit later...lots of things coming up...a very busy rest of the month...there is no better race track...it's THAT good...

As things go, I happened on a movie last eve...Suspect...starring Cher...she was pretty good in it...seems weird that that kind of stuff happens...

And...Israel has done the warning thing for the Gaza residents...flyers...get out before we come in...I told you...boots on the ground...

I wish I had better news...

PS...I don't get it...does anyone else find the Erin Andrews voice grating?...I mean, screeching?...and now she takes over the NFL...what am I missing here?...


Comments

Popular Posts