Idiocracy

Morning kids...not even sure if my title today is a word...but it does show what I mean about those "sports pundits" who came out against the actions of the 2B of the NY Mets...Daniel Murphy...who had the audacity to miss a couple of games due to the birth of his daughter...which the Mets lost both...and some of the media crucified him...saying that it's his job to be a MLB player...not at his wife's side at the birth...which was by C section...and thus, the couple new ahead of time what was happening...throw out the fact that it is actually in the approved contract of baseball, to miss games for this exact situation...shame on you sportswriters...get a life...or, at least, allow a person to enjoy the beginning of another...

So how did he do upon returning?...playing in NY...he had a hit and committed 2 errors...I can hear the booing all the way down here in SD...

It used to be good enough to give a 2 week notice of quitting a job...maybe a month...now, it is in vogue to announce such a thing a year in advance?...I jest...as the one and only David Letterman has done just that...and CBS be a scrambling about trying line up somebody to take over that invaluable time slot...any ideas?...

You know Pharrell Williams?...he's the bloke that has been toting a Smokey the Bear hat...now you know...well, he's going to be on the embattled GMA next week...and you will be feeling HAPPY!...

So I picked 8 races yesterday out at Santa Anita...just the winners, mind you...and alas...missed every single one of them...in fact, wasn't close on 6 of 'em....do not follow my selection process...I am inept, obviously....

Try as I may, but I have such a heck of a time figuring the betting line...as the Padres travel all the way to Florida....take on the Marlins...who are 3-1, and we are 1-2...and WE are favored...what?...

In hoops it is called the Final Four, right?...in college hockey it is called the Frozen Four...true story...

NBA...every single home team is favored tonight...14 games...wait, except the turrible Lake Show, who will be gracious hosts to the Dallas Mavericks...who play in the same building that they did last night...when they beat the Clips...HUGE win for them, as they are frantically batting for a playoff spot...

Watch very closely at the Shell Houston Open...as most of the golf blokes are getting ready for next week's Masters...I gots me eyes on Keegan Bradley and Matt Kuchar...

And the gals are in Palm Springs...for their 1st major of the year...used to be called the Dinah Shore..."see the USA, in a Chevrolet"...remember that?...very catchy...and in the mix early, is Michelle Wie...it's a grind kids...as the wind kicks up and throws everything off...

Just is so odd that Chip would give away the superstar wideout D Jackson...talking the Eagles here...something is not being said...'er released...

People keep saying to watch a series that would be new to us...and I for the life of me, can't remember what it is...Game of Thrones?...something like that...which we have not done...

OK, repeat after me...take out my 48* wedge...add my 5 wood...and put my Duck head cover on my Beast Driver...

Gotta lurve your Fridays...




Comments

Popular Posts