The Belmont Stakes

It's the third leg of the Triple Crown...and no 3 year old has accomplished the feat in 30 years or so...this is the hardest of them all...1 1/2 half miles...and I look for a closer to pull out the win...and today I pick...Brilliant Speed...to be ridden by Joel Rosario...perfect...I think I just may go out and put a bet on it at Sycuan...

The stage was set for Anthony Rizzo to be a hero last night...bases loaded and down by a run...struck out swinging...probably ball four...BUT...he is an aggressive sort and I'm cool with the effort...I am not cool with the lack of managing in the 9th...Rizzo walks to start the inning...ALL managers then bunt the runner over and take 2 pops at singling in the tieing run...NOT BUD BLACK...he has the horrible hitting (.190 avg) Jorge Cantu swinging away!  He hits into a double play and the game is over...oh, by the way, the next hitter singles...what is so hard about doing the right thing?  I beg of you, brains, just use it please...

I'm back to this already...the NHL finals follows the betting line to a T...
Still the line...the Heat are a 6 point fav for tomorrow's 6th game at Miami...
Have a good weekend!

Comments

Popular Posts