Please Mr. Postman

The recent passing of Gladys Horton made me reminisce...I lurved the sound of the gurl groups way back when I was but a mere child...she was the leader of the Marvellettes..."Please Mr. Postman","Don't Mess With Bill", and my fav, "Beechwood 45789"....and it reminded me of others...

Like the Crystals..."Da Doo Run Run","The He Kissed Me", and my fav, "He's a Rebel"...

Like the Shirelles...so many hits..."Will You Love Me Tomorrow", "Dedicate To The One I Love", "Soldier Boy", "Mama Said", and my fav, "Baby It's You"...

Like the Chiffons..."He's So Fine", "Sweet Talking Guy", and my fav, "One Fine Day"...

Like the Orlons...well, they did have a token guy with them..."The Wah Watusi", "South Street", "Not Me", and my fav, "Don't Hang Up"....

Martha Reeves and the Vandellas..."Dancing In The Street", "Nowhere To Run", "Jimmy Mack", and my fav, "Heat Wave"...

The Supremes...of course, they were the stars of the era, with Diana Ross...who we saw at Humphrey's last season..."Baby Love", "Come See About Me","Stop, In The Name Of Love", and my fav, "You Can't Hurry Love"...

The Shangri-las..."Remember (Walking in the Sand)", "Give Him A Great Big Kiss", and my fav, the classic, "Leader Of The Pack"...

The Ronettes..."Breaking Up", "Baby, I Love You", and my fav, "Be My Baby"...

So most of you have no clue to most of these groups or songs...who did I leave out?  Look 'em up and try 'em out...you"ll be surprised how great they were...

Out at the Farmer's...Tiger was 3 under on the easy course, Lefty was 5 under on the tough one...a South Korean is leading at 9 under... Cris flies in the pm and we get out there tomorrow...look for us, we will be in matching purple suspenders...

Comments

dws said…
Ah, of course we could go on forever on this one. Great selections! Without looking any up I can think of The Dixie Cups, Goin to the Chapel. I really liked a gal who wasn't in a girl group but sounded like it: Barbara Lewis.
Hello Stranger, Baby I'm yours, and The one who really Loves You.
Mary Wells also.
Crazy Horse said…
Lurved Barbara Lewis...in fact, I think you stole my vinyl of her....Hello Stranger, all time great song...

Popular Posts