Cher

Hey, it's the time that we talk about the amazing people of the year...OK, the last 45 of them...and I can't think of one that has remained so popular through all of those years as...CHER...born Cherilyn Sarkisian a year before me...dropped out of high school at 16...got involved with the likes of the one and only Phil Spector...and promptly became a back up singer...and talk about some great songs...the Righteous Bros. "You've Lost That Lovin Feelin", the Crystals "Da Doo Run Run", the Ronettes "Be My Baby"...just to name a few...and then combined with one of her fellow back ups and formed a group called "Caesar and Cleo"...which turned into ...Sonny (Bono) and Cher....and if there is a better song of that era than "I Got You Babe"...well, there isn't...and they then went on to host a TV show called "The Sonny and Cher Comedy Hour"...fast forward through divorces and a number of solo songs...she remains an Icon in Vegas and it is your responsibility to get over to the desert and take in her show...she still has hits such as "Believe" and "If I Could Turn Back Time"...well, I just did...
Have a great Friday!

Comments

Popular Posts