Top Patriotic Songs

So a list is needed...the top patriotic songs of the sort of modern era...you know being a flower child...I think I mostly protested the Vietnam war...but, the country is still rolling along...and the 4th of July is this country's birthday and all...so are you thoroughly educated on this?  Now, I'm not listing the "way back" songs...enough, here goes:
God Bless the USA...Lee Greenwood...I think this song has had high merit for a number of wars...and tragedies...
Only in America...Brooks and Dunn...arguably the best duo that this country has ever had...
America the Beautiful...Ray Charles...understated and awesome...
Where Were You...Alan Jackson...just after 9/11...real...
America...Charlie Daniels Band...have you heard this?
Back in the USA...Chuck Berry...aw c'mon...it's great rock...

I suppose I could name a whole lot more of the protest ones...but not this time...
And now for the ridiculous and recent...
I played in 92* heat yesterday and walked the course...just about had a heat stroke...maybe had a lot to do with the number of times I hit at the ball, too...took me the whole night to recover...old?
So the Padres went extra innings to lose it...the reliable Luke Gregorson was not...and the Astros stole one...3 more hours down the drain...
Have you been following the King James fiasco?  He and his court have been entertaining the different team's entourages to convince him to play for their team...Bulls, Heat, Clips, Mavs, Knicks, Nets, and after all that BS is over, the Cavs to do a match chance...
Gold took a big hit yesterday...
The lost boy in PDX is a strange case...
It's off to Starbucks for an egg sandwich...
The boy and his gurl roll in this afternoon and we have to stock up...

Comments

Popular Posts