A Good Sign

It took a grand Chris Young outing to make the season a bit brighter for the Padres. Nearly half as many faithful(?) showed up to Petco after the opening day debacle. Yet for every negative that I wrote about, they were a positive today...Kooz and Headley looked to be what I thought they would be...and, Heath Bell!!! 3 K's...that's what I'm talking about!
Now that I am in the great northwest for a bit, I have to put up with a 4 page sports section. Yes, you heard me right! 4 pages!!! The Statesman Journal appears to be no more than a community rag in the wee country...
I have not talked much about the rest of the MLB...but I love the demise of the Yankees...what's with the start of the Phillies? the Mets are the real deal...nobody is going to touch the Red Sox this year...just early thoughts.
The Masters. No better drama in golf. Starts tomorrow and I watch it all...
And finally, the Blazers came back from nowhere to upend Memphis in a must win...keep it going PDX...
Where's the sun?

Comments

dws said…
Welcome back Pete and Marsha to the soggy Northwest. Home to moss in your yard, on your roof and between your toes. You just missed two of the nicest days we'll have in probably a month. But, look around, breath in the fresh smell of daphne blooming or the sweet and sour fragrance fo Cottonwoods opening thier leaves. Daffodiles and cherry blossoms on every corner. Lawns are turning deep green and their is an anticipation in the air. Ok I'd rather live in San Diego

Popular Posts