Prognostication and the Bolts


It's officially the time to figure out what is needed for the Chargers for next season. Not that the GM needs help, but...here goes. Let's start with what is needed the most the defense. The acting D coordinator is interviewing for the Lion's job. So if he goes...there is the 1st thing that is needed. Merriman will be back and that changes everything...The corners had a poor season, but apparently Cromartie had a busted hip. How'd he play through that? Better pass rush...need a minor face lift in the line. It would be nice to have a little more size in the backfield also.
Offensively we need a big back. Assuming LT does return...and Sproles is resigned...finding a big back is mandatory. Wow...the kicker and punter are awesome...not much needed huh...So the draft becomes huge and if they can fill the needs with their 1st 2 picks...fact is we are not that far away...I like the chances. Coaching? Norv is fine...not great. He is not imaginative enough for me, but certainly a quality guy and the team carries itself with class.
I am so excited about the way SDS's Hoke is putting together his coaching staff. The latest add is the QB coach, Brian Sipe, a former NFL guy. Next step is if they can recruit. I may be getting over there more often. See if you win they will come.
Wait...the American Idol season is upon us..."If ever I would leave you..." I guess I am too old.
The mighty Titans take on the hated Saxons tonight...
It's a heatwave and I'm hitting the links. Catch you on the 19th...

Comments

Popular Posts